Wednesday 23 March 2011

4 Rides, another 158 miles

Tues 22nd - Croft, good average
Continuing in the spirit of easing off a little this week i did another relatively short ride but upped the pace since i will be resting for 4 days after today. Cheshire Cat sportive on Sunday

Stats - 23.3 miles, 1h 17 mins, 18.06 average, max 30.35mph, Heart rate max/average 177/151bpm
1239.50 miles for this year


Mon 21st - Partington and Lymm with my buddy
The final week of training before i ride a century in the Wiggle Cheshire Cat on Sunday. My intention is to take it easy so i will be recovered and fresh to ride at weekend. I put my bike in the car and drove to Sale to have a brew, a ride and a chat with my mate. We rode up Carrington spur to Partington, through Lymm and on up to Lymm Dam, left along the A56 Higher Lane, left onto Burford lane B5159 then right on Paddock Lane A6144 back to Sale. A lovely bright and dry day with no wind.

Stats - 24.9 miles, 1h 34 mins, 15.85 average, max 29.68mph, Heart rate max/average 180/124bpm


Thurs 17th - Rivington, solo
I felt the call of the hills today and wanted to do a good workout on my legs so headed fom home to go around the old lags ride at Rivington. The old lags had already left a couple of hours previously so i had to go on my own. It was a tough ride probably because the weather brought my mood down, windy, wet roads spots of rain. I pushed whenever i could bet never really felt strong although considering the amount of climbing involved on this route my average wasn't too bad at all.
Overcast, wet and breezy, hard work today

Stats - 51.05 miles, 2h 58 mins, 17.18 average, max 35.3mph, Heart rate max/average 171/148bpm


Tues 15th - LRC club ride to Knutsford
Lancashire Road Club 'recovery' ride today. Wow, some recovery ride. 8 of us rode 26miles to Booths at Knutsford for a food stop averaging about 17mph. Then the group picked the pace up a lot coming through Hollins Green and Culcheth, belting through the villages at 24 mph my heart racing in zone 4.5 or about 170bpm. We got to Leigh and 2 racing lads started to break away from the rest of us. I didnt want to miss the opportuninty to stay with them so i sprinted hard from the main pack, 32 mph and caught them up. Just 3 of us now as the rest of the club disapeared behind us, unable to keep up. A very tough and fast final 4 miles home keeping up with these two. A great workout though and am very pleased again that they never managed to drop me.

Stats - 59.43 miles, 3h 20 mins, 17.81 average, max 36.6mph, Heart rate max/average 185/144bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment