Monday 24 January 2011

51 miles wandering

Just got back from a 51 mile ride up towards High Legh and back. From Tyldesley straight down the Lancs to Lowton and a left towards Croft. I started out with very heavy legs, feeling very sluggish like i was dragging a manhole cover behind me. I rode through Fearnhead and Padgate then eventually stopped to check my bike over. I hadn't centred the rear wheel properly and it had been binding on the brake for the last 15 miles. Once i sorted that out it was a lot easier going. From Padgate up along the A50 Knutsford road through Latchford to Lymm Dam. I did a right here onto a lovely country road called Crouchley Lane. Its probably about 4 or 5 miles long with barely any traffic and led me back out onto the B5159 High Legh road where i turned left to go back toward home. This led me through Warburton, over Warburton toll bridge which is free to cyclists to Hollins Green where i did a left onto Glazebrook Lane leading me back towards Culcheth. At the mini roundabout at Culcheth i was showing 32 miles and i wanted to make it 50 so i had to do a couple of circuits of my route around Croft before heading back down the East Lancs cycle path to home.
I took it easy all the way round my route today to try to keep within the heart rate levels for base training and to ensure that i didn't 'bonk' by training at such a pace that my body would prefer to burn fat for fuel instead of precious carbohydrates in the form of muscle glycogen.
50.29 miles, average speed 14.6, calories burned 2281, Time 3hrs 27 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment