Sunday 23 January 2011

Miles done thus far

My 23 mile Croft run
Mon 3rd and Weds 5th was 2 rides out to Croft, about 25 miles each. Thursday was a 35 mile hilly ride around Rivington with Lancashire Road Club. A nice easy pace averaging only 14 mph but about right considering the steepness of most of the hills. I came away from this ride feeling pumped rather than wasted. Saturday was a nice 10 mile ride up to Lowton on the mountain bikes with my fiancee. Total miles for the first week 92.69
The next week beginining Monday 10th had me doing 3 runs to Croft and the Rivi ride with the club again on Thursday. Total miles for the second week 104.03
Third week was 3 rides out to Croft and Rivington on Tuesday which this time was 55 miles. Total for the third week 124.91.
All my rides up to now have been what is termed as base training. Which basically involves me working out at an easy/moderate pace in order to build a solid fitness base from which to launch my later harder and faster efforts. For me with a maximum heart rate of 205bpm that involves keeping my heart rate between 60% and 65% of that which is 123 to 133bpm.
 Total to now for January is 321.63 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment