Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lancs Road Club - Old Lags Ride

Old Lags Ride 33 miles
Out today for a 33 mile ride over the hills around Rivington with Lancashire Road Club. The weather was terrible, it rained the whole time. It was raining before i set off to meet them and in the past cloudy skies would have been enough to put me off training but we have so much crappy weather that last year i hardly trained because it was just so easy to blame the weather.
    I had a good ride and can really tell i'm getting fitter as i climbed the big hill (sheep houses) all the way up on my 50 tooth large sprocket. The hill is about 16-18% gradient i think. Coming down the other side was a bit hairy at 40mph freewheeling with misted up glasses and salt water running into one eye, great fun.
    My max and average heart rate have been coming down too on this same ride over the past 3 weeks. First week was 183/142 second week 178/140 and today was 174/131. My hard work is paying off. I'm not out with the club for a couple of weeks now due to my days off from work not aligning with their ride outs but i will still go out on my own at least 4 times a week so i dont lose any fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment