Thursday 10 February 2011

Racing mini me around Croft again

I set my Garmin 705 to follow my 23.5 mile Croft route that i last completed 10 days ago at 18.03mph average. I warmed up for 10 mins by stretching and stair climbing at home before i left. I knew the places on the route that i had to work hard where i might be able to make up time, such as sprinting away from home instead of meandering out of the close, pushing hard up every gradient and getting up to speed quickly after a stop at lights. I worked hard and was still over half a mile in front of mini me with only 5 miles left to do. My legs started to feel heavy as i crossed the Greyhound roundabout towards home and i could see the lead i had was slowly diminshing. Getting to the final hill at Sale Lane with only a 250 yard lead i gave everything i had and powered up the hill at 22mph increasing my lead to 1200 yards. I just beat mini me by a small margin but i also noticed that my max and average heart rates have improved over last time too.

Stats 23.35 miles, 1:17:36 Time, 18.05 average, Max speed 30.80mph, Max/ave heart rate 176/160

No comments:

Post a Comment