Wednesday 9 February 2011

Thursday 3rd and Monday 7th training

Thursday was a nice bright mild day although a little breezy. I needed to put some miles in because i knew i would be having the weekend off from cycling. I decided to head for Jodrell bank which i guessed to be about 30 miles away. I headed out towards Culcheth, Hollins Green, Warburton bridge and heading towards High Legh i caught another cyclist. Dave was an ex racer who's new years resoluton was to get fit again this year. He was heading to pickmere but stuck around and showed me the route all the way to Jodrell Bank. Nice fella, i was glad of the company and the chat. Dave  headed off from there towards home in Didsbury going through Wilmslow. So 35 miles back home on my own through some beautiful countryside but occasionally against the wind which had picked up quite a bit. A good ride of 67.8 miles fuelled by a strong coffee, a banana, an energy gel and some Go Electrolytes sports fuel in my bottle.

Stats 67.84 miles, 4hrs 19mins, Average 15.66, max 29.78, Max/average heart rate 174/149bpm

Monday 7th was very windy and too dangerous to head out on the bike so i tried some indoor turbo training. I managed only 30 minutes of intervals including 5 mins warm up and 5 mins cool down. I would push hard for 2 mins increasing my heart rate until for the final 45 seconds it reached zone 4 or 172bpm. Then i would ease off until my heart rate dropped to zone 2 or 133bpm which happened to take around 2 mins, then repeat. Only a short workout but i found my first indoor interval session quite hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment