Wednesday 16 February 2011

Training Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th

I made Tuesday my hilly/power training ride and went 34 miles around the hills of wigan and bolton. Staying on the large front ring up the hills giving a slow cadence (pedal revolution) to develop muscle and power. It was quite a windy day with some strong crosswinds almost blowing me into the bushes and against me on the return home brought my average speed right down. It was a tough ride making my quads and hamstrings start to ache only an hour later and on through the next day.

Stats. 34.11 miles, 2h 10 mins, 15.70 average, max 35.1mph, Heart rate max/average 175/146bpm

In my quest to complete at least 100 miles per week I realised i need to do another 190 miles before next Friday 25th. That would be the end of the month for me as i fly to Amsterdam with my Fiancee to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. So to leave me 100 miles for next week i still have to do 90 miles by this Friday, since i dont usually cycle at weekends. I figured 30 miles each on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday would give me the 90 i need.
      Anyway 31 miles done today around my usual training run at Croft. At a relatively easy pace since my legs were still sore from yesterdays hills. I was quite suprised that i kept my heart rate in zone 2 (averaging 135bpm) not racing and not out of breath at all and still managed 16.5 average. 6 weeks ago that pace would have been hard work. 1 down, lets see if i can repeat that on Thursday and Friday and maybe step it up a bit if my legs are ok.

Stats.  31.02 miles, 1h 52 mins, 16.5 average, max 27.7mph, Heart rate max/average 167/135bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment